Welcome to %s forums

BrainModular Users Forum

Login Register

Usine Hollyhock 2 asking me to activate it from time to time

I have problem to register or I can't contact Sensomusic.
Guybrush

Post by Guybrush » 19 May 2016, 11:44

Hello everyone,

I've brought my Usine Hollyhock licence (June 2015 I think), entered my password on Usine : everything works fine.
But since a month or so, Usine "forget" from time to time my password and asks me to activate it. So I have to put back the password and it's ok.

Is that normal?

It will be a real issue as I'm gonna play on a stage without Internet in 2 weeks... and I fear that Usine blocks me...
What can I do?
Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!

nay-seven
Site Admin

Post by nay-seven » 19 May 2016, 12:55

No, it's not a normal comportment. you're license is saved with your configuration.
When it's happen, you see the pop pup " usine is not free" and so ? you use the last 084a version ?
have you some crash of the program and lose your config ?
I will investigate

It's true that your license will expire at the end of May, but this not prevent you to use this version, only to upgrade for a new one.
What you can test is to
1 Enter your logins, once you see the "you are correctly registered" pop up, save your work and close Usine.
2 Copy the app ( if you're a Mac user) or the complete Usine dir (Win) and save it with a new name. Don't open or use it .
3 Next time Usine will ask you to register, use the import setup feature and give the path of this saved version.
must work

nay-seven
Site Admin

Post by nay-seven » 19 May 2016, 18:41

If you're a Windows user, be also careful to not put Usine directory on a drive where you don't have all rights
Sometimes C:// partition..

Guybrush

Post by Guybrush » 23 May 2016, 13:51

I'm on a mac.
And I'm not using the last version (actually 82a). I'm gonna upgrade and the app copy as you advise.
I've also paid now for the lifetime licence so I won't have any issue in the future ;).
Thanks!

Guybrush

Post by Guybrush » 24 May 2016, 11:52

Ok, I've updated to 84a and it's just happened again : asking one more time for my password (with the "Usine is not free" popup message).
I've done my copie of a good version, by importing the setup, everything went fine.
So, everything should be ok for my gig... Still this behaviour isn't reassuring...

nay-seven
Site Admin

Post by nay-seven » 24 May 2016, 13:10

You see the pop up after importing your setup or register by entering your logins?

Guybrush

Post by Guybrush » 24 May 2016, 14:41

The popup comes just after launching Usine. What I've done to get rid of it is :
- check activate then re-enter my login/password
- or now as you advise : by importing configuration of a copy of the app (MacOsX). Handy when I won't have any internet.

nay-seven
Site Admin

Post by nay-seven » 24 May 2016, 15:28

ok,
yes the first time you run a new version, it's normal Usine ask you to register
and best way is to import old setup .

tanabarbier

Post by tanabarbier » 03 May 2017, 09:37

Hi!

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I have a similar issue, after a crash I lost my activation (along with the config, indeed), and my problem is that this computer can't go online (no wifi and faaaaar from my "internet box"). So I guess my solution would be the "activation key" ? I look for the way to get it, and I did not found how to do that.

Thank you in advance for any kind of help!
Have a good day.