BrainModular Users Forum

Login Register

Arduino communication in HH4

Discussions about add-ons, announcements
fdonato

Arduino communication in HH4

Post by fdonato » 10 Mar 2020, 20:10

Hello everyone,

Can't find any discussion about sending commands to an Arduino board running Standard Firmata. Despite the Midi/Firmata input of the Serial Port module seems to be tailored for this purpose, I did not succeed to figure out the correct protocol needed to send some basic commands like :
pinMode 3 pwm
or
analog 3 0.6
for example which is done pretty simply in PD with pduino.
Does anyone knows something about it ? I'd like to use an arduino board to control some leds from Usine and to send DMX via an adapter.

François
François Donato
www.struzz.com

senso
Site Admin

Post by senso » 14 Sep 2020, 13:41

Normally the MIDI input should work to send FIRMATA commands.
Do you know the firmata command for pinmode ?

fdonato

Post by fdonato » 30 Nov 2020, 17:48

Hi Olivier, thanks for answering and sorry I see your post only now. I finally managed to send data to an arduino from HH4 but meanwhile, I solved the DMX part of my problem using an Enttec interface :)
I have also a Eurolite USM-DMX Pro interface but can't make it work with HH4, it loses each time communication after a few seconds (green status led turning red) while working perfectly with QLC+ or DMXControl. I suppose there is a problem with the basic DMX device driver, it appears as an Enttec OPEN DMX USB in the interface list although it switches to the PRO USB-DMX driver in the other softwares.
François Donato
www.struzz.com

senso
Site Admin

Post by senso » 01 Dec 2020, 09:42

personally I use Art-Net devices to get rid of all connections and drivers problems...

fdonato

Post by fdonato » 01 Dec 2020, 10:23

I guess I should do the same, thanks for the advice :)
François Donato
www.struzz.com