Login Register

Mouse dwn on a group of items

Tell us what you'd like Usine to do
23fx23

Mouse dwn on a group of items

Post by 23fx23 » 23 Nov 2023, 17:54

Back to suggesting stuff hehe :mrgreen:
I feel this one is prob more complex than it seems, but who knows^^

I personally often come to the situation where i would like to get/use a mouse down info of several items rather than individuall collect them all.
for ex a container with 16 faders.
It could be nice think if would have ability to get a mouse down info any time we clic on one of those faders in this specific container.

container has a mouse dwn, but it get activated onlty when clicking on that container 'only', ie clicking an item in it will catch/block mouse passing to container.
i tried workarounds with global mouse module, with different targets, but globally face same limits.

i though either an option to have items still let pass mouse infos to items that are 'behind' would be quite modular,
alternatively, what 'looks' more easy (maybe) just kind of special object "transparent overlay layer" we could put on top of stuff having this "still let pass mouse under" behaviour.

oli_lab

Post by oli_lab » 27 Nov 2023, 23:24

Still it is possible to patch it :
mouse down.PNG
cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://oli-lab.org

Win10 I7/16GB RAM - RME MADIFACE - SSL alpha link 4-16 - OSC capable interfaces

follow OLI_LAB adventures on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/OLI_LAB/3 ... 506?v=wall

23fx23

Post by 23fx23 » 28 Nov 2023, 13:57

yeah, but like said in op, if have say 16x faders, will have to collect 16x wires^^, for big containers with lots of items i find it not quite workflow friendly.., not huge deal ..but yeah, workflow stuuff :v

SylvainT
Site Admin

Post by SylvainT » 29 Nov 2023, 13:59

Hello,

I understood quite well your problem.
I often have that one also.
I don't think we have a solution that can work globaly. So, it will introduce options here and there.
Then, the way GUI is developed in Usine won't allow us to do this in a simple manner.

Sylvain

23fx23

Post by 23fx23 » 30 Nov 2023, 01:44

yeah i can understand,

something i thought that could work as a workaround, is if we could somehow get 'absolute' on screen coordinates of say a container rectangle,
then man could use a global mouse module, first to check if mouse cursor is currently contained in those coordinates,
then thats just a matter of adding with some AND checking global mouse down is currently held too,
that would have same resulting effect , probably in an 'easier' way not altering pass/thru behaviour of any items